Tanushree Dutta is a popular actress in Bollywood. She also became ‘Femina Miss India Universe’ title from the beginning of her career.
Tanushree Dutta Wiki/Biography
She was born on March 19, 1984, in Jamshedpur, Bihar, India, Tanushree Dutta was destined for greatness. She hails from a Bengali family and grew up in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand.
Her educational journey led her to DBMS English School, where she laid the foundation for her future. After completing her school education, Tanushree embarked on her college journey. She enrolled in a Bachelor of Commerce program but decided to drop out after her first year.
Her decision to leave college was driven by her passion for modeling and acting, setting the stage for her future in the entertainment industry.
- Height: 168 cm (5′ 6″)
- Weight: 65 kg (143 lbs)
- Figure Measurements: 34-30-36
- Eye Colour: Dark Brown
- Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
- Marital Status: Unmarried
- Affairs/Boyfriends: Aditya Datt (Film Director)
- Father: Tapan Dutta (Ex-employee at Life Insurance Corporation)
- Mother: Shikha Dutta (Homemaker)
- Brother: None
- Sister: Ishita Dutta (Actress)
Tanushree’s journey in the entertainment industry began with a bang. In 2004, she won the ‘Femina Miss India Universe’ title and represented India at the ‘Miss Universe 2004’ pageant, where she stood at 8th place.
Her acting career kicked off in 2005 with the Bollywood film ‘Aashiq Banaya Aapne,’ a commercial success that garnered positive reviews. She showcased her acting talent in Hindi, Telugu, and Tamil films.
Stepping into Bollywood
In 2005, she made her acting debut in Bollywood with the film ‘Aashiq Banaya Aapne.’ The film was a commercial success and received positive reviews from critics.
One notable aspect of her journey is her versatility in working across different languages. Tanushree showcased her talent not only in Hindi films but also in Telugu and Tamil cinema.
The Me Too Movement and Controversies
In 2018, Tanushree Dutta became a prominent figure in the Me Too Movement when she accused veteran actor Nana Patekar of sexual harassment during a film rehearsal.
This revelation triggered a decade-long legal battle and garnered significant public attention. Her courage to speak out against harassment made her an icon of strength for many.
However, her stand against harassment also led to controversies. During the Me Too Movement, she faced backlash from Rakhi Sawant, who accused her of drug addiction and falsehood. In response, Tanushree filed an FIR against Rakhi Sawant in 2023, claiming psychological trauma during the 2018 Me Too case.
|Favorite Food||Bengali Fish Curry|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan and Siddharth Malhotra|
|Favorite Actress||Meena Kumari & Aishwarya Rai|
|Favorite Director||Manish Sharma|
1. Tanushree left college after completing her first year of B.Com. to pursue her modeling career.
2. During her stay in the US, she explored ashrams and courses seeking solace and purpose.
3. She shaved her head during her time in Ladakh.
4. She returned to Mumbai from the US in 2018 after facing financial challenges.
5. Tanushree’s courageous stand against harassment has made her a symbol of strength for many.