Pusarla Venkata Sindhu, popularly known as P. V. Sindhu, is a name etched in golden letters in the annals of Indian badminton.
She’s not just a sportsperson; she’s an inspiration, a symbol of grit and determination. She was born on July 5, 1995, in Hyderabad, India
P V Sindhu Wikipedia
|Full Name||Pusarla Venkata Sindhu|
|Date of Birth||5 July 1995|
|Age||27 years (as of 2023)|
|Born at||Hyderabad, India|
|Net Worth||5 Crores|
|Father Name||P. V. Ramana|
|Mother Name||P. Vijaya|
|Profession||Indian Badminton Player|
P. V. Sindhu stands tall at 179 cm (5′ 10 1⁄2″) and maintains her athleticism with a weight of 65 Kg (150 lbs).
Her figure measurements are approximately 34-26-36, complemented by striking black eyes and hair.
Family, Caste & Relationships
In her family, sportsmanship runs in the blood. Her family includes her father whose name is P. V. Ramana.
Her mother’s name is P. Vijaya.
Her elder sister’s name is Divyaram Pusarla.
Sindhu is single. There is no information available of her husband.
P. V. Sindhu’s journey in the world of badminton has been nothing short of spectacular. Her international career began in 2009 at the Sub-Junior Asian Badminton Championships.
Pullela Gopichand, her coach, has been instrumental in shaping her career.
She’s achieved numerous gold, silver, and bronze medals at prestigious events like the Commonwealth Games, Asian Games, and World Championships.
Awards and Honours
Sindhu’s accolades and recognitions are a testament to her excellence:
1. Arjuna Award (2013)
2. Padma Shri (2015)
3. Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award (2016)
4. Padma Bhushan (2020)
Career Turning Point
The turning point in Sindhu’s career was her gold medal win at the 2011 Douglas Commonwealth Youth Games singles event. This victory marked the beginning of her journey to greatness.
Hobbies and Favorites
|Favorite Food||Dosa & Idli|
|Favorite Athletes||Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Usain Bolt|
|Favorite Actor||Shahid Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favorite Actress||Hansika Motwani|
|Favorite Food||Chicken Kurry|
|Favorite Director||Karan Johar|
|Hobbies||Watching movies, Doing Yoga|
As of 2023, Sindhu remains unmarried, and details about her relationships are not publicly known.
Lesser Known Facts
Here are some intriguing lesser-known facts about P. V. Sindhu:
1. In her childhood, she dreamt of becoming a doctor.
2. Her elder sister, Divyaram Pusarla, was a national-level handball player who later became a doctor.
3. She began her badminton journey at the tender age of 8 and a half.
4. Sindhu’s coach, Pullela Gopichand, is not just her mentor but also the chief coach of the Indian Badminton team.
5. In 2014, she was named the NDTV Indian of the Year.
6. Sindhu’s parents were accomplished volleyball players, and her father, P. V. Ramana, received the Arjuna Award in 2000.
7. She made history by becoming the first Indian women’s singles player to win a medal at the Badminton World Championship in 2013.
8. In 2016, Sindhu reached the finals of the Rio Olympics, a historic feat for Indian badminton.
9. Forbes ranked her as the seventh-highest-paid female athlete in 2018.
10. Sachin Tendulkar is her role model, and her coach, Pullela Gopichand, is her inspiration.
11. Sidhu is a Pet lover.
12. Sindhu has graced the covers of popular magazines like GRAZIA, JFW, and ELLE.
13. She became India’s most decorated female sportsperson by winning a bronze medal at the Tokyo Olympics in 2021.
14. In 2022, she secured the Singapore Open title, adding another feather to her illustrious cap.